Trail maps + GIS data
To add a map of the FCAT trail network onto your phone for offline access while at the reserve:
- Download the free Gaia GPS app
- From your phone, download the trail network .kmz file here.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right hand corner of the Google Drive page and either download the .kmz to your phone or choose ‘Open in .. Gaia GPS app’ if available.
- Next, open the Gaia GPS app on your phone, and from the initial screen, tap on the ‘Add to map’ button on the top of the screen – a circle with a plus sign inside.
- Tap on ‘Import File’.
- Navigate to the”FCAT Senderos .kmz’ file downloaded on your phone. It may be located in your ‘Downloads’ folder by default.
- The trail map should appear in Gaia and be available offline!
Other GIS data for reserve boundaries, nearby landmarks, etc. can be found by downloading our GIS GeoPackage, which can be loaded into any standard GIS software (e.g., QGIS):